- Right off the bat - my mom got married...on January 1!
- I met a new friend that I affectionately call "recess" because he makes me feel that everything in life can be fun.
- Another fun Gear-Up event.
- Had an interesting history-making meeting in Frankfort with Senators and lawmakers that resulted in a bill being submitted for vote to legalize cannabis in Kentucky.
- My involvement with Executive Women International was showing signs of movement throughout the organization. Numbers were turning around and our time in Tulsa was productively positive.
- A close friend of mine from college passed away. The blessing was that I got to see him a few times before he passed. He was still giving me advice when I saw him last. And I chose to honor that advice.
- I got a vacation for the first time in years - with my bestie - to DISNEY....couldn't have been better!
- Another friend of mine, Vicki, passed away after losing her long-time battle with cancer. She was a spiritual mentor of mine just by her example of handling life. Her whole family is precious to me. And she also gave me advice the last time I saw her. And I chose to honor that advice.
- I was not only nominated, but was one of three finalists for Professional of the Year Award in Southern Indiana.
- A bittersweet experience came when I left Arkham Executive. I love my clients and all they were accomplishing. It was a financial decision and it's worked out for the best for everyone involved.
So - here's the deal. When I left Arkham, I got a job. That job turned into a consulting position and I just helped out with the day-to-day. THEN, I had a couple other people contact me to help on a part-time basis. So those are now consulting clients as well. I had PLANNED on staying on the down-low ... but "Recess," as well as a handful of others that I highly respect, became very vocal "Don't wait to start something new for yourself!" Thus, all the new stuff getting launched.
I have worked tirelessly to create everything from scratch...but I have it up and ready! NOW...as my friend Kevin would have sung to me, "keep moving forward." And so I will. Because time feels so short, and I don't know when my last breath is, or that of my loved ones. I will use my energy to serve well, laugh much, and love deeply. Every. Day.