Have you ever felt like you were in a rut? Ever said to yourself in a moment of frustration, "Nothing will ever change!" But once you look back over your life you can see all the changes that have taken place. And the ruts you thought were there, were only bends in the path you were on.
I could have written many books about my experiences in life thus far. Each book would have been representative of a different era: childhood, adolescence, early career, later career, first house, college and so many other experiences like the one I'm living now as an entrepreneur. Making that leap of faith to enter into this era of my life was a hard decision to make and stick with. I absolutely LOVE what I do. As an owner of Arkham Executive I get to help businesses of all sizes and industries be strategic and grow. As a representative of Premier Designs Jewelry, I get to help women feel beautiful, be strategic in their personal economies and grow into their potential. This path is not easy at times. But anything that has ever been worth it in the end was never easy. Sticking with the decision I made a couple years ago is helped by seeing some signs along the way to encourage me that I'm on the right path.
Signs come in all forms and carry messages that you need at just the right time. Messages that give you an array of "atta boy," "Enjoy," "Celebrate the small victories," or "It's ok to let it go." When you get these signs believe them. Live in them. Let the messages the signs bring strengthen you to move ahead toward the dream you want to see become reality.
This poor little tree has been through a lot since 2007. Just like me. It's been moved to new areas. It's not adjusted quickly, or well. And according to some message boards I've looked at, I may have really been over watering it thinking it needed more when it was fine with minimal. This tree has been a reflection of me in this transition era. The message I'm receiving is that it's time to let go of everything that's holding me back from real growth. This tree is getting cut to the trunk today to get a fresh start. That's what I'm doing with a lot of my life now. I've let go of some relationships I thought I needed. I'm letting go of limiting beliefs that have kept me grounded for too long. My word for 2013 is Limitless. It only makes sense to let go of whatever gives me limits. Thank you little jade bonsai for encouraging me to move ahead in this journey! And I promise to not over-water you again.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
For the past few years I have done a single word for the year. In 2010 it was PREPARATION, 2011 was SIMPLIFY, 2012 was FOCUS. It has amazed me how that one word became a central theme each year.
When I talked to a friend about choosing a word for 2013, he teased me, "Why limit yourself to one word?" I thought about it. I found a cool site that puts words into cloud shapes. So I looked at choosing a LOT of words and focus on the shape - a star! Goes with the whole Wonder Woman theme. As much as I like the outcome, I still wanted my one word.
It's taken me 22 days into January, but I've been marinating on a word for a couple of weeks and I've decided. LIMITLESS.
I'm excited to see what 2013 will bring: limitless opportunity, limitless potential, limitless vision. I encourage you to think LIMITLESS with me!
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore, choose life...
- ...forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and perfect will of God.
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
- ...I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
- being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- and my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- ...for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.
- For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
- ...But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
- ...He delivered me because He delighted in me.
- May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose.
- Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave your nor forsake you.
(1) Deuteronomy 30:19
(2) Philippians 3:13,14
(3) Joshua 1:9
(4) Romans 12:2
(5) Jeremiah 29:11
(6) Matthew 6:25
(7) John 10:10
(8) John 10:28
(9) Philippians 4:19
(10) Hebrews 11:1
(12) Matthew 17:20
(13) Ephesians 1:10
(14) Psalm 2:12
(15) Psalm 3:3
(16) Psalm 18:19
(17) Psalm 20:4
(18) Deuteronomy 31:6