Saturday, July 28, 2007

Late night realization

I keep this folder in my files labeled "ego." It's full of old clippings of newspaper articles, pictures, letters and cards, old songs and poetry I wrote in high school many moons ago. And on nights like these - I'm slightly bored, too late to start a project, thinking about life too much to go to bed yet - that I tend to reach for old pictures, or in this case, that ego file.

While reading it, I came across a poem I wrote when I was 15 years old and it amazed me how I still felt the same way about that particular subject. I'm actually disappointed in myself that I have not grown past those feelings in 15+ years. What's holding me back from truly seeing the woman God sees? The woman God painstakingly created - the woman He gave His son to die for...

Psalm 138 and 139 are two of my favorite Psalms. Words like - "In the day I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul" and the concept that the Lord has searched me and knows me (everything about me), and He is there wherever I go - "Though I walk in teh midst of trouble, You will revive me", He formed me inside out (my "self" first, then my body). All this I should focus on, and write an updated song to the Lord to add to my ego file.

1 comments:

Chad Doerr said...

Write that song girl!

 
;