Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yummies!

Last night was one of my home Bible study groups - and I made dessert. I've decided making desserts is one of my cooking specialties - pizza's the other (I have a few FABulous gourmet pizzas that I SO enjoy).

These little button beauties pictured here were a hit, and has quickly risen to the one of my top slots on sugar highs. And it's so easy to make! I made these with a different flavor and added strawberries for the women's study one night. These are pinneapple-cheesecake-sugar cookies with blueberries on top. Yum!


And it's not cheesecake like you would think cheesecake. It's cheesecake flavored Jello pudding mix with crushed pinneapple and Cool Whip. LOW FAT!!!! The sugar cookies - not so much, but you can just eat the "icing" alone or on graham crakers even. But for this batch I found this fantastic recipe for sugar cookies on All Recipes.com so I made my own. And now I have extra cookies - the "icing" batch wasn't enough for all the cookies!

So, what to do to remedy this situation? I found a great caramel icing recipe and made my own caramel icing to go on top the rest of the cookies (if we want icing). But I've discovered this caramel icing would be delicious on top of an apple pie - with ice cream and caramel drizzle of course.

My belly already hurts from even thinking about all this sugar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Angel Lush" Icing

1 package of instant Jello Pudding (flavor of your choice, I've used vanilla, banana and cheesecake so far and they're all very good)
1 can crushed pinneapple - drained
1/2 small bowl of Cool Whip

~ Drain the can of pinneapple
~ Mix pudding mix and pinneapple together
~ Mix in cool whip until all blended together - refrigerate until ready to use.


I haven't tried to freeze it yet, but it should be freezable with the Cool Whip - make frozen "lush" cookies.

I've pulled out the Imperial Cookbook from 1892 - can't wait to try some of these antique treasures! Like homemade perfume and homemade sorbet, and even soap (had to include that one for Lynn!).

Enjoy!





2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOSH... those look like little pieces of heaven sitting right there!

And now that I'm taking on the adventure of cooking... I'm totally going to try this. Its not like my husband doesnt have a sweet tooth or anything...

YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

annies home said...

sounds delicious I love angel lusch dessert I bet these taste wonderful

 
;