Friday, October 5, 2007

My Great Grandma




My Great Grandma passed away September 15. She was 98 years old. I miss her terribly now. I think so much so because I missed the ceremonies of visitation and the funeral. But I sure loved my grandma! She never stopped learning new things. She was always active - had at least 3 blankets she was crocheting, a jigsaw and crossword puzzle every day, and loved that hand-held solitaire game! She was the family geneologist - shoot - she was the county geneologist. That lady knew all the people on her floor - their birthdays, their spouses, parents, kids, and all their birthdays, where everybody lived and what they did for a living. She wrote the history of Oatsville - including drawings of old buildings and maps - just 2 years ago...at age 96! She taught me how to crochet about 4 years ago - don't know why that took me so long! Actually, I do - her stance was "now that you know how to do it, you can make your own blankets." LOL! I have 3 of her blankets! When you look at the picture grandma is on the left (obviously), and my mom is on the far right - her twin sister is in the middle with Felicity (her son's ex-girlfriend's daughter). I just hope I can be like her if I reach 98!

0 comments:

 
;