Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sharing with Christ


Did you ever feel like you couldn't share something with God? Is it hard to confess something you've done, or even your thoughts? I know for me that has been a struggle area. It was almost like, if I said it outloud then everybody would know! Then I realized after reading through John that Jesus already KNOWS (calling Nathanael, woman at the well are just two early examples)! He sees me and knows my thoughts. He knew the thoughts of the Pharisees and called them on it many times (example in Matthew).

Chad brought up the concept in his sermons - would you do something, anything, if you knew that Jesus was right there physically beside you? Well, I think it's even more than that - he knows our thoughts - before we tell him. But what about us knowing his thoughts?
In Psalm 139:17-18, David talks of knowing God's thoughts! "When I am awake, I am still with you..." God does speak to us in our dreams - I think that might be because that's when we're actually being still. I wonder if that's why I have such a hard time waking up - being in conversation with God while I'm sleeping - shoot, I wonder if that's why I'm so TIRED when I get up. I have a lot of favorite passages in the Bible - on this subject Jeremiah comes to mind:

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and
unsearchable things you do not know."

Unsearchable things...Paul talks about that in Ephesians 3:8: "...this grace was given to me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." Isn't it amazing how it truly is all about Christ. And the fact that He takes the time to KNOW me makes me want to open up all of me to Him...might as well, He knows it all anyway!
 
;