Monday, August 3, 2009

Confirmation


Have you ever gotten to a place in life where you just needed a confirmation you are where you are supposed to be? You don't necessarily expect to be at your destination, but you want to make sure you're on the right path, right? Well, with losing my job recently, I've really wanted to make sure I was going to be doing what God wanted me to do for now; to rest & refresh for awhile - at least a month! Who ever has that opportunity? It's like a dream. But I wanted confirmation that's it's ok to rest that long.


So of course I've been praying, more like ongoing conversations really. And anytime I need real confirmation, God always provides - in threes. It can be any method: music, sermons, scripture, blog posts, even commercials - whatever speaks to my spirit. As long as the message is the same. And this weekend, inlcuding this morning, I got five!


Saturday night, George started a new sermon series on Pursuing God - Connect. Asked the questions: What am I pursuing in life? Is there really a God worth pursuing? What does a life look like when pursuing God? What does a life look like that doesn't pursue God? And part of his message included Matthew 6:33 & 34: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." And he finished up with Ecclesiastes 12:13-14: Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man..." Ok - so seek God first, don't worry about tomorrow, keep his commandments. Got it.


Sunday morning Michael starts the new segment of his series - Head2Heart2Life. Time to focus on not only getting the knowledge of the scripture - but comprehending it - taking it to heart. Spend time letting it sink in. That in spite of ME (and all my sins and failings), He loves me (and everyone else). His Q's to us were: Who in my life needs the love of Christ? (insert family member, coworker, etc.) and, What are the things that keep me from showing the love of Christ? (selfishness, fear, impatience, etc. - busy-ness was one of mine). I didn't do the public display of commitment by taping our cards to the cross mainly because I am in that process of taking up my cross daily, and I want this card held close to pray over.


We went over Ephesians 3:13-21 this week. And in vs 17 it states, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith... So ok - need time to let scripture sink into my heart.


This morning I have had THREE confirmations. Dave Stone's message on the radio was about spending time with God - being obedient to His Word. And this phrase stuck with me: Obedience is faith in action. Christ dwells in my heart through faith. And Christ ALWAYS made time with God to reconnect with His father away from others. Just what I need to do.


When I got back from taking the truck for his Fixin' Day!, I read a blog post at At The Well. It was dead-on with where I've been and where I am now. Then I got a message in my Facebook inbox from "SIS" (Sisters in Scripture). Part of it included a note from Shiela Walsh: SIS WOW:You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. John 15:16. "This verse had been a part of my life since I was a young teenager. It helps when I feel overwhelmed-I remember that if God chose me, He will equip me. -Sheila"


I KNOW God has brought me to this place in time to rest & refresh. And whatever He has in-store for me from this point, He will equip me. So for now, I am going to enjoy life the way Christ wants me to. Spending time with My Father and learning to enjoy moments and who Christ created me to be. As well as spending time with others just to show the love of Christ. And I can't tell you enough what your wonderful supportive comments have meant to me, both online and off.


Grace & Peace to you all! Have a Marvelous Monday!

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Isn't it liberating when you feel God's confirmation about where you are in your walk? Enjoy where you are, and let God just mold you for His purpose!

 
;