We worked outside all day yesterday. I went with Bill to help powerwash a house clean. I was the official gopher and ladder-holder. Whatever helps. Then we got some topsoil on the way home to level-up the pool area. Got all that shoveled around, sand back over it, and ready to clean it. Borrowed mom's powerwasher. It didn't want to work right - clogged. So the machine gets turned off and Bill's pulling the nozzle off the wand. When all of a sudden - POP! The nozzle goes flying off 100 feet into the bean field. We both just stood there with our mouths open, wide-eyed.
Then I busted out laughing simply because I didn't know what else to do. But then we immediately thought of how close he came to busting his eye out. So after the initial shock wore off, I had to go find the nozzle. That includes crawling under the neighbors fence to get to the bean field. Little did I know - it was electrified. Only a small zap on the tush, but still.
So I finally found the nozzle, thank goodness the beans are only 6 inches tall right now and the nozzle was bright orange. When I had to crawl back under the fence to get out, Bill was standing over me "cheering" me on...as if I was a marine. I did it though - all those military movies paid off. I knew how to do "the crawl" and avoided getting my butt zapped.
We both decided that was a sign to stop for the night. We got back at it this morning, and water is now flowing into the pool! Should be swimming by the weekend!