Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in Busy


Back from meetings in Scottsdale and I have more stuff to do than two people could imagine! I'm definitely going to have to be efficient with my time - which probably means a little less blogging for a bit. But isn't it amazing that after you've been away for just a couple of days - work piles up. And the thing is, work always piles up whether I am here or not, whether it's for me or not, and regardless of whether or not I am interested in doing it at all. But I have been taking to heart the Colossians 3 verses: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from theLord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. But I will also remember, even in my busy times: "Be still and know that I am God." God is in control, and he has reserved and commanded rest time for me. Did you realize in going through the Ten Commandments, that keeping the sabbath holy was the longest one? It's a serious deal. We are commanded to rest, to worship, not to strain. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and strength. If we get too worn out - we have no strength to love. And another amazing thing about the work I do - it'll still be there to do tomorrow if I leave on-time today -- and no one will die if I am late with paperwork, or not having enough sodas & snacks in the cabinet. And that messed-up ceiling tile won't cause the building to fall down if I don't get it fixed today, and, and, and.

So I get home LATE last night - almost 11:00 p.m. And the cats missed me. And how can I tell they missed me? They had practice knitting (my "special" purl stitch) strewn from the office THROUGH the kitchen! God love 'em!

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

NOOOO - not the knitting!!!!! (I've had that happen many a time with my doggies - I've learned the hard way where to stow knitting projects)

Don't work yourself too hard - you're right - the work will ALWAYS be there!!

 
;