Monday, January 14, 2008

Indescribable God



I don't know about you, but yesterday's message had my head spinning! I loved it, don't get me wrong, but when you think too much like me one of the thoughts that enters in is: With God creating the ENTIRE universe, and we a are dust speck on a dust speck, why oh why would He give a crap about me? So it just blows my mind to think about it too much. In one direction I am in such AWE of all that creation! It's imense and intense! I loved it, and it brought chills - "god-bumps." I couldn't find that last picture of the "x," but I went on the NASA site and looked at a LOT of great images. It's all just so amazing. And that's just the "heavenly lights!" Not to mention all the fantastic creation he gives us here to enjoy!




So, I came into work yesterday to get things ready for this crazy-busy month (my desk has never been cleaner!). And I have one of those everyday calendars. The devotion for yesterday was about the Lord's Prayer:


In the midst of the Lord's Prayer are these familiar words: "Give us this day our daily bread" (Matthew 6:11). They remind us that we are dependent on God for everything, and He is the giver of every blessing. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights" (James 1:17)...This prayer reminds us also of Jesus' words: "I am and bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger" (John 6:35). Thank God for all His gifts - especially Christ, the greatest gift of all.

Again, don't know about you - but it's amazing, absolutely amazing that the creator of this universe would care enough to not only meet my needs, but give me the desires of my heart. Yes, it's hard to describe Him, but "He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth - the Lord God Almighty is his name." (Amos 4:13).


2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Christy
I have that picture that you mentioned on my computer background. I will email it to you.

amy

Rebecca Jo said...

I loved the message as well - & I left feeling very small - but very important! To think that God holds this HUGE universe in His hands - it really blows the mind - doesn't it?

And I loved that video - being a fan of photography, I loved those pictures. To see the beauty in this world that we are so blessed with - amazing!

 
;