Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Long dry spell

I've been asked recently, "Are you dating anyone?" It's obvious to me that I'm not. So I added it up - when was the last time I was even asked out on a date...hmmm...ready for this? Over 5 years ago! Not even been asked out. Not even by the weird or scary ones! And I can look at this one of two ways: 1) I'm too fat (which is negative), or 2) that God is seriously protecting me. I prefer the later.

I prayed to God when I entered college again to protect me in my relationships through school - so I could get done within 4 years and move on to other things. So I wouldn't be distracted. Well, I graduated after 4 years in 2006-still no date. And I'm not talking about marriage, just a date. And I go out with friends and I'm pretty active, plus I get travel sometimes with meetings. But still nothing.

I have a couple of friends that tease me about my "list." They say my list is too strict. I have standards, and to me it's not that hard.
  • Must be a Christ-follower (not perfect, just equally yoked with me in this)
  • Funny would be nice
  • Attractive to me (and attracted to me would help)
  • Responsible
  • Financially responsible (but not so much that he can't buy me things like emeralds or diamonds, ooooo or Wonder Woman colletibles)
  • Would be observant enough to figure out I'm not a rose kind of girl, more like a hibiscus or daisy or iris
  • Good conversationalist - at least when I really need to be able to talk to someone
  • Likes animals
  • Trusting
  • Trustworthy
  • And there's other things...

But the one at the top - that's most important. And I got an email with this sentence today:

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.

That's absolutely correct. And that's what I'm waiting and looking for.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

picky picky picky....Just kidding! There's a perfect man out there for ya, when the time is right...

Rebecca Jo said...

God will reveal that Prince Charming in His timing! In the meantime, God's using you to further His works - what's more important than that! Hang in there girlie! You are loved & valued by so many!

Lynn said...

Okay... I just love that... about your heart, and how a man should seek God to you.... absolutely wonderful, and oh so true!

 
;