Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Migraine

Never mind a friend calling me after I went to sleep to tell me storms were on their way to me (duh)...never mind Melody (God love her) doing that cat-kneading-thing on my side periodically throughout the night...never mind that I take the good allergy medicine so my throat won't itch at night...by golly I still slept right through the storms - did we really have a storm? By Rebecca's blog we sure did! And from the looks of the new lake outside my bedroom window we did.

When I got up this morning at 5:45 a.m. to walk on the treadmill I thought I was doing pretty good. The cats aren't quite used to it, and well, me neither. But I know it's good for me to get up early to exercise a little and continue it throughout the day. But THIS morning did not shape up like I had hoped. I was doing good, but by the time a got to .40 mile - I started getting a migraine. Surely I'm not allergic to exercise! So I did a 1/2 mile took my last excedrine and a sinus tab and went back to bed for an hour and 1/2. One nice thing about my boss - he's pretty good about us being late if we're feeling horrible - and tells us to stay home if we're contagious. And if I had high-speed internet at home I would have pulled all the shades down and stayed there. But I made it in. Even though it hurts to blink. And you never realized how loud your co-workers are till they start "yelling" to tell you something. I actually had to shush someone....she didn't take it well at first...but she got it and is whispering to me now. I may have to put my headphones on just to drown out the HVAC fans or me typing on my keyboard.

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

See what happens when you start exercising that early? Its bad for you :-)

I like your new Gala Meez - love that 40's style!

 
;