Thursday, March 27, 2008

Catching Up

My, how time flies! I've finally gotten back to my "myspace" page - did some updates and such cause apparently that's the coolest way to keep up with the Jr. High gang. So I'm adding friends, and finding some that I haven't seen or talked to in years!

It's amazing how people grow into their lives. A high school friend of mine, Kim, now has 3 kids! And of course they look like her, and look like they have her musical AND athletic talent. Back then, Kim and I were musical dreamers. We both LOVED DCI. She actually went out for it and toured with a group one Summer - I had to stay home and work. Marching band just gets in your veins. I would teach it again if something were ever offered!

Then there's Mike from high school. He graduated early our Senior year and went off to the military - Marines I believe. And that experience just made him more Mike. It kind of cemented his personality to what it already was - rough around the edges! But he's a big guy with a big heart - just hides it sometimes.

And I've requested some "adds" today. I'm hoping to find more old friends and discover new ones. I love to see and hear the stories. Where did your life take you? Are you still dreaming for the future? And for the Jr. High gang - I'm excited to see their dreams take form. I know for me, life has certainly not turned out like I expected. I still have a love of music, I love to entertain, and to plan the entertainment, I love to design things, and I always have ideas. I love to be a kid and try to retain an imagination as much as possible.

If you can believe this - I actually watched 7 little kids this week during a church event and NOONE got hurt! I even had a pretty good time...especially with the 4/5-yr old boy playing Battleship. He beat me :-). But I used to swear-off being around the little ones. I don't have kids, I rarely have the patience for them, but I've learned in life never to close my mind to whatever God might have planned for me. And if I've learned anything at this point in my life, it's that God's the one that has everything under control. He wants me to have the desires of my heart, but my heart needs to be his first. Even though situations are not working out like I would prefer right now: need a new job, would like to have a decent date, would love an all-inclusive vacation - I know that whatever God has in-store for me is so much better than anything I could plan for myself.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11). And I prefer HIS future for me.

0 comments:

 
;