Monday, June 30, 2008

Exhausting...

Whew. Long week - going out west and back can take its toll in a normal week, but this weekend was a 2-day auction. And that is a doozy to work up to anyway! AND - my mom and her boyfriend helped put my level-out and put my pool up this weekend. Finally ready for water. I bought stuff at the auction. Well, a few things are "stuff," but the really cool things were these late 1800s-early 1900s books - the CLASSICS. David Copperfield, Gone With The Wind (5th print! - not the 80th or so I already had), Jane Eyre, Wadsworth, Emerson, Aesop's Fables, this pop-up Mother Goose book and about 50 more. It was incredible. Oh - and I got my vintage curve back couch that is just delightfully comfortable for $5! So I have an old couch ready to get rid of if anyone's interested!

And for your viewing pleasure....The Fountains of Bellagio!


1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Good find! I love old books - the smell of them & the feel of the pages - nothing like it!!

And hey - if no one takes you up on a coach - remember the youth could always use decents couches!!! You've seen some of the ones we have - OH MY!

 
;