Monday, August 4, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

Girl-time is great! And I was so thankful to have my best friend with me this weekend. We were at the Women of Faith Conference in Indy along with 30 others from GCC and thousands from other places. It was amazing to say the least.

Now remember, I basically just got back from my first-ever youth conference, CIY, and now I've been to my first Women's Conference. I can tell you - vastly different styles - but both so fabulous! CIY was about MOVE - move closer to Jesus, let the Spirit move you and through you. WofFaith was about Infinite Grace. That it's not about us living up to expectations - it's about his covering us with grace.

There were a variety of speakers - and I can relate to all of them. I don't know if I have a favorite - but hands-down, Anita Renfroe is the funniest lady I've seen in awhile. But there were a few moments that really stood out for me. Sheila Walsh's testimony and how God's message to her and consequently to us was "you don't have to be afraid - you're not alone - He sees you - He loves you - don't be afraid." And she went on to talk about prayer - Jesus in the garden. Not only did he teach us to pray, but he prayed by example. The sorrow of what he was going to go through was crushing his life, yet he still prayed "not my will, but yours Father." So that was one that really validated where I've been on a few things lately -- not my will, but yours Father!

Another one was when Patsy Clairmont talked about Jesus seeing this bent-over woman in a crowd and said "Behold!...." BEHOLD - to be present in the moment. She also joked about being on a diet - although she changed the verbage to edit. LOL! She is so spunky! And Sandi Patty's testimony about tore me up! I'm with ya Lynn on that one! But she had thing that stuck with me: "If a caterpillar stays layered in the cocoon too long - it's toxic - it cannot become all it was meant to be." and "We are all worth being loved."

And a really powerful one was when Nicole C Mullen with her song of "One Touch." I found this video - and the on-stage was extremely powerful! I'm trying to talk Kim K into singing it soon.



1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

That video just made me cry all over again! The way she did it with the teenage girls at WOF was just about one of the most moving things I've ever seen!!!

 
;