Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easter Passion

This post marks my 200th blog posting. Seems like a lot, but really it's not. There's so much to write about, so many messages to send, so many observations & experiences to pass along. But if I never got a chance to write another post - there's one thing I would have to post about...Jesus.


Last night we went to Southeast Christian Church's "Easter Passion." This production was more than your small-church Easter pageant...and for those that have seen it in previous years - you know what I'm talking about. This is all-out broadway excellence. This year they added video. And not done in a style you would think. The whole thing was completely UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE!!! Unlike anything I've ever seen before. And there was not a dry eye in the place when we left. Anytime you are seeing Jesus, experiencing Jesus...it's better than a sermon any day.


This Passion starts as John the Baptist is preaching and baptizes Jesus, goes through Jesus' ministry, then his crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection and ascension. That's cool stuff! Beyond cool - it touches you. This picture is from the temptation in the wilderness scene. That's Satan above Jesus' head. Throughout the production you see Satan trying to influence - Jesus in the wilderness, the Pharisees when hearing the blind man's testimony, provoking the mob to choose Barabas over Jesus... It's amazing to SEE Satan's influence - he of course is the ruler of this realm. He's also the father of lies. But anytime Satan came against Jesus - Jesus' focus was on His Father! No focus or attention was even given to Satan. But for the others that were influenced by Satan - no attention was given to God or even acknowledging Satan - they just did what they were influenced to do. It was amazing to witness it as an outside observer and then apply it to my own life.


I have a promotion interview today. I've been anxious about it all week. But, I've given that all over to God to work with. Whatever happens will be in His will. But I've looked at myself and seen where Satan has been pumping me since the opportunity came open. Shoot, Satan's been pumping me about a lot of things for years now. Holding me down, keep me captive instead of captivating. I've lost a lot at the hands of Satan. Every day is a battle to fight, but not alone. Jesus conquered death so we could have victory. So I encourage you readers, learn more about Jesus - stay close to Him. He died to pay the ransom for you (and me). He was the only one who could do it. Satan has you held captive. Whether it be from your own actions & consequences, or those that were influenced by Satan, or even thoughts of defeat and worthless Satan has planted in your head caused by someone else's actions; whether you know it or not, Satan has held you captive.



But the beautiful thing is - Jesus already paid the ransom years ago, all you have to do is accept that - and accept Him as your Lord that has saved you from hell. Repent & be baptized for your sins, accept Jesus as Lord & Savior (brother & friend), take up your cross daily (stay alert & involved with Jesus), love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love others as yourself. God Bless You!

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I totally want to go see it this year!!!

Good luck on your interview!

 
;