Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4 Weeks and Counting!




I just can't tell you how excited I am about going to the Philippines in 4 weeks!


First - if I haven't already shared the amazing news - I'll tell it now. My WHOLE TRIP was taken care of in ONE DONATION check! It's incredible! I sent a letter to David Novak, CEO of Yum! Brands (the parent company of KFC - and I work for the Ad Co-op of KFC). On a prayer whim. I knew he attends Southeast - so an assumed Christian. And I just wanted to let him know what someone in his system was doing for Christ, and to pray for me & the gang on this trip. Well, I was shocked when Hank showed me a copy of the check last Sunday! I cried - I still cry if I talk about it. Needless to say, I am a little prouder to be a part of this company with a top leader so willing to give to this kind of mission - without even knowing me!!!!


God's just amazingly awesome! Never doubt that He will provide! And like a friend of mine told me - "Now you KNOW God wants you on this trip." I love it when God's obvious.


Here are a couple of pictures from a previous year's trip. Building churches, baptizing wherever there's water (the ocean provides lots of it!), having fun with the kids, loving on people, etc. I will be taking a video camera! Amy did such a good job with her Guatemala trip video I'm inspired.
I'm not sure about having a "heart for missions" yet. But I know I love to serve the Lord - wherever He puts me. And I'm also looking forward to 20 days with no computer. A tech-free season. Pray for me - my life will be changed for sure! In more ways than one I'd imagine...

0 comments:

 
;