Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Chocolate Hills

These are the Chocolate Hills located on the island of Bohol in the Philippines. Aren't they gorgeous! And I will get to view this site in real life during the trip!

I am so excited!!!! My trip is fully paid for - with extra to be able to give directly to the churches we help build. We'll be able to buy chairs, food, and any other necessities they may need to get started. I know I'm going to take some of Barry's special band music sheets for worship music. I'm sure someone will have a guitar around.

I got to see some pictures of past mission trips, so I will post those when I get them saved from disc. I know I'm taking a video camera so I can put together something cool when I get home. I've been told I will just fall in love with these people - and they will fall in love with me. And if the pictures are any indication, they love to be loved on and show love in return. And the team that is going -- needless to say, it will not lack for entertainment. And I'm sure all the positives totally outweigh the scary points - like bugs and creepy crawlies that are foreign to me. Not that I like the creepy crawlies that are around here! But the sights I'll get to see, and the people's lives I get to be a part of for those couple of weeks! I feel this will totally change my life - yet another way God works for the good! Who knows what'll happen...

0 comments:

 
;