Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time to Blossom

"Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin

This quote sparked me. The past few days I have been in a real funk. Blame it on change of diet, hormones, loneliness, whatever, but it's been painful and mind-numbing. I have had to literally turn off my brain just to get some rest. And before this I had been contemplating doing an intensive study on who I really am - how God created me, what He created me to be and to do. I am praying that through this kind of study I will gain some revelation from God on what path to take in my life.

I know that the will of God encompasses a lot - like an umbrella - and within that I can make my own choices about my looks, career, education, men, etc. But one thing I have learned about myself is that I don't like to waste time going in the wrong direction in life, and I've been down a few wrong paths.

I started this study tonight based on the initial breakdown of who I really am: a creation of God, and a female. Then questions stem from there, and whaddya know, some answers are found in His Word. I've got a couple of books to help guide me to the appropriate passages (The Purpose Driven Life, and Captivating). Already, I can think a little again, and I remember my word for 2010: preparation.

If you'd like to join me in this, leave me a comment or send me your email, or shoot me a message on facebook. I'll post or send thoughts your way and I'd really like to hear all your thoughts on this as well - how it applies to you.

Let me leave you with these:

"For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." (Colossians 1:16)

"In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:10)

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

0 comments:

 
;