Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life is...Beautiful even when messy

Life is a lot of things, and I've been trying to back in the swing of things lately - like blogging. So when I walked in the house yesterday and saw this poor hosta I was thinking how time flies and the season is changing again already. But then I looked closer - this weather-beaten-ready-to-give-up-for-the-year hosta is blooming!

It amazed me. The whole rest of the plant is ready to die for winter, but it's giving it one last bloom for the year. It's blooming even though I think it's died. It's giving life when I percieve it to be dead. It's beautiful even though I thought the rest of it was ugly.

The placement of this bloom is not in an obvious spot - it was under a dead leaf on the backside of the plant. I had only caught a glimpse. I moved the dead part to see the full bloom.

Is any of this sounding familiar? Don't we feel that way sometimes - that we are dead, ready to give up for the winter, but there's this small glimpse of a bloom that "someone" sees (that would be God). And only God can move the dead parts so the full bloom can be seen. Don't be afraid to bloom, dear ones. God will help remove the dead parts so everyone can see the beauty!

...proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. (Isaiah 61:2,3)

0 comments:

 
;