Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Best Dance



Ok. So how many of you daydream. Be honest, now... As we get older I think we tend to daydream less. But I enjoy using my imagination. And I believe - when I'm willing - the Holy Spirit joins me and it becomes the most amazing time. Especially when I'm in pure worship/prayer. When I am not asking for anything - just enjoying God for who He is. And the more I open up - the clearer my "daydreams."





My favorite has been the dance.


Have you ever imagined dancing with God (Jesus)? Well, I did. And let me tell you - there is no safer and freer place in the world than in His arms being twirled around the heavens.

With experiencing a recent wedding (congratulations, Lauren & Andrew!), it really struck me about we as the church being the bride of Christ. And when the Bride & Groom danced their first dance together I about lost it! It was so beautiful and pure and hopeful and full of promise in their future together. Lauren, like any bride was gorgeous. And Andrew strong & handsome.

There are multiple verses where we as the church is referred to as the bride of Christ:

  • Isaiah 62:5b: And {as} the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, {So} your God will rejoice over you.
  • Revelation 19:7: "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready."
  • Revelation 21:2: And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
  • Revelation 21:9: Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

It's so reassuring to know that I'll be married again someday - maybe not in this body (unless God REALLY blesses me) - but definitely as the Bride of Christ. And I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to that first dance around heaven. Although, if daydreams come true, Jesus shared his dance in the last daydream I had. Hmmmmmm.... Not that that means a whole lot - I've daydreamed about superheroes before too. :-)

Here's some great dances:



The classics...


Ahhh...princess moment...




I LOVE this dress when she dances!

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the Princess Video! Makes me want to put on my Belle dress again & just twirl some more!

 
;