Thursday, May 8, 2008
Yesterday Joe was led by God to give a fabulous message. It was about being lukewarm. Joe used a video guest speaker, Francis Chan, and between the two of them - it was powerful. The Sr. High came over to the Jr. High building and it was good for everyone to hear it together. The reference verses came from Revelation: (3:15,16) I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were wither one or the other! so, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you our of my mouth.

We sang a few songs to start with: Altar and the Door by Casting Crowns, Worlds Apart by Jars of Clay, and Somewhere in the Middle by Casting Crowns. The whole night was wrapped around the message of being on-fire for God - and not just when your in the church building. I've included Altar and the Door video we used for worship here below.






You really have to test and evaluate yourself -- am I "on-fire" for God? Lately I have been --- but for many many years I was not. That's not to say that I am out pounding the Bible over people's heads. But it does mean that I am ready to give up everything -- EVERYTHING -- at a moment's notice to fulfill God's will. I evaluate that regulary at home. I look around at all my stuff and determine if I can live without it or not. And then I give thanks that God has provided me with it all. Especially all my chairs that I got for dirt-cheap - $2-$25! I just thanked him for orange koolaid this morning (yummmmmm something sweet to drink when you wake up). And I re-evaluate my relationships -- can I leave my family, my friends at a moment's notice if need-be. Yes. No offense. But Jesus is the absolute love of my life - He's first. And I re-evaluated my dreams lately. Are they what I want - or what God wants for me? Or is it both - yet something that I need to sacrifice to be able to give Him glory and serve the Kingdom instead of myself. I choose the Kingdom (who needs the spotlight anyway?).

But something that Joe talked about REALLY stood out to me - that God is an all-consuming fire. And I've heard that before, lots, really - but for some reason it hit me last night. Joe described it that God as an all-consuming fire consumes all of us if we let him -- including our addictions and weaknesses and sin. If we are sold-out on-fire for God - then he has consumed those sins and we will be so focused on Him that we have no desire for that sin any longer. But it takes being completely on-fire. Choose Him above all else. I'm telling you - it was that good last night. And I was so honored to be able to help get the materials together.


So I came in and wanted to post about all that. And then I found this song...

ALL-CONSUMING FIRE (HILLSONG)

There must be more than this
oh breath of God come breath within
There must be more than thisS
pirit of God we wait for youFill us anew we pray
Fill us anew we pray

Chorus:
Consuming Fire
Fan into flame
a passion for your name
Spirit of God fall in this place
Lord have ur way
Lord have ur way with us

Come like a rushing wind
Fill us with power from on high
Now set the captives free
leave us abandoned to your praise
Lord let your glory fall
Lord let your glory fall


0 comments:

 
;