Thursday, May 29, 2008

Night of Worship and Prayer

In case you missed it - we had another great night of worship, praise and prayer at church. It's a night we come together in one voice to pray on all levels: global, national, local, churchwide, families, and individually. The prayer is led by Chad and his wife, Jennifer; however, other individuals join in as the Spirit leads. The altar is open to all and the atmosphere is free from condemnation. It's just all-around awesome. And I am so thankful to have a church body that is willing to open themselves up to the Spirit.

I again used my imagination - since I am such a visual thinker. And that just makes those moments unforgettable. Have you ever heard of the book, "Hinds' Feet on High Places?" It's been years since I read it, but I still remember one scene vividly. It involves Jesus removing the heart of stone from someone to replace it with a rose. I traded in my heart of stone last night - willingly handed it over to Him. It was an amazing feeling. Now, that's not to say I still won't have struggles/trials/issues in life. But I know my heart is different toward them. I know I will need to tend to my heart more - not leave it alone to just add layers of sediment that hardens. But to have a flower heart can be dangerous - I will need to have some boundaries around my heart so others aren't allowed to trample it. Flowers are fragile - but even when one gets trampled, with love and care and time to heal, it will heal. Some more beautiful things about flowers: their real beauty shines when they open up, their fragrance is pleasing (and this is a whole 'nother entry about being a pleasing fragrance to God), you bless others when you share their beauty.

0 comments:

 
;