Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life is ...

What you make of it. Really? Is that all there is? Simply, no.

Life is ... a lot of things. And I'd like to add this little "Life is..." moment to my blog as a weekly post. And because there are already so many great weekly postings going on, I think I will make this my Tuesday regular.

So, if anyone else would like to chime-in, please do so. I'm going to try that cool little "Mister Linky" at the bottom, and just let us know where to find you.



My first "Life is..." was inspired by Stitch - yes, from Lilo & Stitch.


This little guy was created for evil purposes, yet made choices to change for good purposes. He made the choice - he made his life what it was. Now, take note: he did not do it alone. He needed Lilo to encourage, love, and support him to make the changes necessary. He needed inspiration from someone else's story of love (i.e., the Ugly Duckling). He needed motivation to make the change permanant - like when Lilo was captured by "stinky-head" Gantu and Stitch rescued her.



Now, I could have picked someone else like say, Donald Trump or Oprah or Colonel Sanders even. Self-made men (and women). But there is more to the life we make than monetary success. Then I think about the life I'm making - with God, family/friends, myself, job...I am not even close to being perfect. But how much farther have I come since giving my life to Christ? Lots. What matters most in THIS life? Cause I have a feeling what we THINK matters most - doesn't add up to a hill of anything in the life eternal with Christ.

What I've been discovering, over and over again, is that "my attitude determines my altitude." My attitude and thoughts make up my life - from the inside-out. Romans 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind... How often do I renew my mind to make my life new? How many times (in a day) do I get down because I perceive thinks in a negative manner - it's all in my head. How often do I take the time to renew? Not near enough really. And do I have others that help put into me? Not near enough sometimes. That's why I enjoy reading others' blogs, reaching out of my own world to learn something new - to renew and refocus.

So thanks to all you other bloggers out there for providing me inspiration, knowledge, humor and interaction. I just hope I can be that for you sometime! And if you decide to write your "Life is..." moment, make sure to link up here - and link back to this site. Thanks!







0 comments:

 
;